13 month Maternity cover opportunity for a Business Support Manager with MKC Training embedded within the world famous Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME) in Chatham, Kent.
Reporting to the Civil Training Course Manager, the Business Support Manager will act as the focal point for the operational administration and quality assurance of Project Management, ITIL, H&S and other allocated training courses. Running of the accreditation, financial and examination processes associated with them, overseeing and administering the Civil training and Professional Engineering Wing budget. Supervising all designated staff, and supporting the Business Development team, and other senior lecturer staff developing new courses.
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in relevant administration or IT subject
- AAT Level 3 or 4 or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined office providing administrative support
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Experience of financial procedures, including ordering and budgeting
- Working with electronic databases
- Articulate with a good standard of oral and written English
- Good customer relationship / management skills
- Ability to anticipate requirements and prioritise matters accordingly
- Shorthand / minute taking
- APM PFQ
- Work with the Civil training and subject matter teams to increase the number and types of courses available for sale.
- Work alongside and support the Civil Training team, to develop new offerings of courses, assisting with the project management needed to develop new course offerings, administering and helping to develop the advertising material.
- Act as the point of contact (POC) with regard to all finance issues on behalf of Civil Training and Faculty Managers, providing accurate financial information to MKC Training management, ensuring the efficient administration of budget and its compliance.
- Administer procurement processes within Civil Training and Professional Engineering Wing (PEW).
- Act as the POC with regard to all HR issues on behalf of the Civil Training and PEW Managers, supporting the organisation to facilitate grievance processes and investigations at the request of HR and the department Managers.
- Supervise and assist with the development of the Administration Apprentice and their completion of work in respect of PEW HR and finance processes.
- Administer and assist with the authoring of the QA processes for Civil Training and PEW course assessments, acting as the POC with the external accrediting bodies for Civil Training and PEW courses, including arranging and assisting with the auditing of Civil Training and PEW qualifications
- Schedule training, procure and administer project management courseware as required, acting as the POC and responsible for resolving all customer facing issues for associated courses and where required administer the P3M and H&S examination processes.
Our client, MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
For a full job description and / or informal chat about this exciting role, please contact Tim Hill on 07766 745557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.