Unique opportunity for a qualified, experienced Building and Structural Finisher with training experience, to join an expanding professional construction training organization, MKC Training, embedded within The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent.
You will have strong communication skills, want to teach others, be IT literate and prepared to extend your own skills and knowledge.
Teaching qualification is not essential as training and qualifications will be provided where relevant.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual who will have a shared responsibility for facilitating student learning and achievement, in the following finishing trade activities to military requirements:
- Tiling (wall/floor), dry lining, contract flooring, basic plastering, rendering, floor screeds, basic paint, airless spray paint, single pane glazing
- Demonstrate technical currency and competence
- Painting qualification, with sound knowledge and skills in tiling and dry lining
- Willingness to undertake training in plastering, rendering & vinyl sheet flooring, leading to a recognised qualification
- Demonstrate the passion, aptitude and ability to develop and refine training systems to bespoke requirements
- Substantial experience of practicing the above in the construction industry
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification; minimum of DET (Diploma in Education & Training), or be willing to achieve the DET within 3 years of contract commencement
- Be qualified and current as an S/NVQ Assessor (D32/33 or A1/A2) or be willing to achieve
- Be a current and competent First Aid ‘Appointed Person or be willing to achieve
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and requirements
- Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of young people that they are responsible for, or come into contact with
Benefits – 30 days holiday (plus bank hols), pension, private healthcare etc.
Our client, MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training Services Ltd follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.