Unique opportunity for a qualified, experienced Bricklayer and Concreter with training experience, to join an expanding professional construction training organization, MKC Training, embedded within The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent.
You will have strong communication skills, want to teach others, be IT literate and prepared to extend your own skills and knowledge.
Teaching qualification is not essential as training and qualifications will be provided where relevant.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual who will have a shared responsibility for facilitating student learning and achievement, in the following bricklaying and concreting trade activities to military requirements:
- Basic/complex brickwork – half brick, solid brick, blockwork (lightweight, HD, hollow), cavity walling, building alterations (dead shoring), manholes (brick, pre-cast concrete), Decorative brickwork (band courses, basket weave/herringbone panels), arches (rough, axed), setting out simple structures, project planning (small projects), fire places, flues, chimney stacks – basic experience in project and contract management, trade supervision – basic below ground and ground level concreting
- Demonstrate technical currency and competence
- Qualification in Bricklaying – Level 3
- Willingness to undertake in-house training in concrete structures – below ground level, ground level, columns, walls, ring beams, suspended slabs and appropriate formwork/false work
- Demonstrate the passion, aptitude and ability to develop and refine training systems to bespoke requirements
- Substantial experience of practicing the above in the construction industry
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification; minimum of DET (Diploma in Education & Training), or be willing to achieve the DET within 3 years of contract commencement
- Be qualified and current as an S/NVQ Assessor (D32/33 or A1/A2 or TAQA) or be willing to achieve
- Be a current and competent First Aid ‘Appointed Person or be willing to achieve
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and requirements
- Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of young people that they are responsible for, or come into contact with
Benefits – 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension, private healthcare etc.
Our client, MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.