Bid Manager with Defence / Military and Commercial contract experience required in Chatham, Kent.
MKC Training is the training provider at the prestigious Royal School of Military Engineering, based in Chatham Kent.
Building on the success of this contract, and with a number of new Defence and Commercial opportunities in the pipeline, they require a Bid Manager to lead a cross functional team, managing projects for bid processes, producing professionally written, deadline driven bid content that clearly communicates MKC Training’s value proposition and addresses the client’s key drivers / win themes.
- Degree or equivalent in Business, English, Communications, or a related field or equivalent experience – Essential
- Project Management certification – Desirable
Bid Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead a cross functional team to deliver winning proposals, motivating the capability from across the company to create exceptional outputs
- Project managing the bid process from requests for information through to contract award to ensure internal and client deadlines are consistently met
- Produce professionally written, deadline driven bid content that clearly communicates MKC Training Services value proposition and addresses the clients key drivers/win themes. Prepare written responses to bids using information, facts, research and supporting documentation gathered from the bid knowledge base and various departments/sources
- Create new content in response to emerging requirements or after identifying content gaps in partnership with Sales, Product, Engineering experts, contract and legal representatives
- Co-ordination of all input from a range of bid process stakeholders to meet bid production deadlines
- When necessary, redrafting existing prewritten content from a range of stakeholders, ensuring content is presented professionally and in line with brand voice and visual identity
- Adherence to and contribution to the ongoing development of an effective bid process
- Producing and tailoring compelling slides and graphics in line with company brand guidelines as part of bid process
- Providing support and content input to other internal departments in support of non-bid related client responses
- Obtain and apply any lessons learned from client feedback to improve the quality of future submissions
- Provide project management support to the organisation outside of bidding as and when required
- Happy to travel within the UK to customer sites as required
Bid Manager Experience and Knowledge:
- Substantial Bid and Proposal writing experience
- MOD / Defence / Military contract environment experience
- Fluent use of written and verbal English
- Ability to work under pressure to demanding deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and high regard for accuracy
- Experience in a co-ordination or support capacity in a bid and proposal environment
- Ability to work with and coordinate input from a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Proven skills in producing and editing content in a business environment
- Advanced user of PowerPoint and Visio, Competent user of MS Word and Excel and other publication tools
- Ability to effectively manage projects
- Ability to lead internal strategy meetings
- Ability to delegate work within Business Operations
- Confident to deal with all internal and external staff levels
- Effective negotiation skills
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a pivotal member of the senior team of this expanding training provider, offering excellent salary, benefits and career prospects.
Full job description available on request.
MKC Training Services Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training Services Ltd follows the DBS Code of Practice.