Company Accountant required near Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Currently home based, this role intends to return to office when Covid conditions allow.
Working in a fast-paced working environment, the Accountant will provide support to the Finance Manager in the day-to-day completion of all finance related tasks.
- Accounting and financial reporting for a group subsidiary company, from ensuring day-to-day transactions are entered into the accounting system correctly, through to meeting all internal and external reporting requirements in full, on time and with high accuracy.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to develop knowledge and understanding of all business and Finance activities/systems in order to further support other members of the Finance and Credit Control teams, with their daily work tasks.
- Transactional Tasks – Lead on entering purchase invoices, bank posting / reconciliation, journal entries.
- Cash Management – weekly production of cash forecast, managing supplier payments, credit control, improvements to accuracy of timing and forecasts.
- Forecasting and Budgeting – weekly sales forecast, P&L forecasts through the year, lead on annual budgeting process.
- Monthly Reporting – accurate monthly accounts to group finance, detailed commentary to regional managers, balance sheet reconciliations, external reporting.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA /ACA)
- Experience in working in a similar role
- Confident and professional manner
- Sound understanding of accounting techniques and double entry bookkeeping
- Ability to work productively and flexibly under pressure to meet tight deadlines, especially month end
- Strong communication skills in order to work alongside colleagues and external parties
- Self-starter who wishes to take ownership of the role and can suggest areas of development to create greater efficiencies within the role
- Work well within a team as well as by yourself
- SAP Business One a benefit but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a sustainable and developing business.