Unique opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Fitter / Workshop Technician to join an engineering / construction training organisation, based at The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent.
The Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for the inspection, testing and repair of all mechanical machinery and equipment used within the technical trade workshops, offices and classrooms. You will be working on a variety of machinery, learning aids, and specialist military equipment used in the Army by the Royal Engineers.
Candidates will have completed a recognised apprenticeship with relevant qualifications. City and Guilds. NVQ.
Maintenance Technician Essential Experience
– Machine turning
– Bench fitting
– Welding and brazing
– Sheet metal work
– Petrol and diesel engines/generators
– Pumps and hydraulics
– Servicing of small and large machines.
– Able to read and interpret engineering diagrams and charts.
– Ability to works at heights
Full UK driving licence is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out duties under the Planned Maintenance Programme.
- Diagnose and rectify faults.
- Inspect, test and certify safe to use all Mechanical appliances in the workshop, offices and classrooms including equipment used for working at heights and portable oxy-fuel task.
- Install and commission new machinery and equipment in accordance with agreed levels of responsibility and to manufacturer’s specification and current legislation.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment. Clear waste materials and leave all work places clean and tidy on completion of tasks.
- Attend training courses and meetings to keep up to date with business activities and to ensure compliance with statutory legislation.
- Maintain a small ready to use store, advising the HOD of parts required.
Our client, MKC Training Services Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training Services Ltd follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.